Chateau Montifaud No.50, 50 y.o.

£175.00 inc. VAT

This rich and rounded Cognac has been aged for a minimum of 50 years.

It was made using some of their oldest stocks and was distilled between 1956 to 1963.

Produced from 80% Ugni Blanc grape with the remaining 20% made up of Colombard and Folle Blanche varieties.

Nose: A rich and intense, with oak, dried fruit and nutty aromas. A hint of espresso and some chocolate too.

Palate: Dried fruit richness, strong grape too. Vanilla makes an appearance, as does a touch of cigar smoke – but not overpowering.

Finish:  As you’d expect/hope from such a brandy, the finish is a delight. It’s long and smooth with a drying woodiness balanced nicely by the smoothness from the vanilla.

 

1 in stock

SKU: COG00630 Categories: ,

Description

Chateau Montifaud

The Chateau Montifaud domain has belonged to the family for six generations now.

The vineyard, first created in 1837 by Augustin, has seen the succession of Pierre, Maurice Louis and Michel. Then, in October 2000, Laurent came to work with his father and grandfather. Following family tradition, when a son joins his father to work together, a portion of the cognac distilled in that year is set preciously aside and will only be sold by the future generations. Thus it is that in the darkness of our « Paradise » cellar lie bottles of cognac skillfully crafted by Pierre and Maurice Vallet.

Our family cellars have equally seen the ageing of cognacs that date from 1866 to the present day. A part of these vintages has been sealed by the BNIC (« Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac », the National Interprofessional Authority of Cognac).

Additional information

Vintage / Age

Country of Origin

Region

ABV %